Monday, January 17, 2011

Cheap thrills

A few days ago I was surfing the web and happened to stumble upon this gold fish hair clip:



Isn't it adorable?  I especially love it with her blue hair, I wonder if the whole fish-in-the-ocean look was just coincidence.  Anyways, I thought it was thoroughly awesome and, since I couldn't find out where it was from, I decided to make one myself.
I found these super cheap plastic fish on Amazon, it was a package of 200-something of the little guys for $2.50.
I glued an orange one onto a snap clip that I had lying around the house, and that was pretty much it.
Lookie!







It was pretty cheap and very simple, but it makes me oh so happy!  I've been wearing it everywhere.   
The only problem is that I don't know what to do with the rest of the fish.  I made some more clips in different colors (orange is my favorite though), but I can only use so many. 
I'll probably (hopefully) think of something to do with the rest eventually, but if anyone has ideas let me know. :)
<3
  


2 comments:

  1. Put these on a skirt.
    Use these as buttons.
    Make a relief-collage!
    Make more fishy hairclips to give and sell.
    Make a necklace... Glue these on suspenders...
    Make a mobile... Decorate a box.
    Stuffs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, you call tell I've been on facebook too much, because after reading your comment I kept looking for the "like" button. :P Awesome ideas! I especially like the mobile idea...right now I have a few fish hanging inside a decorative birdcage on a shelf in my room.

    ReplyDelete