Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Artwork!!

Yesterday my mom and I took pictures of some of my artwork for my portfolio, and since I also promised art on this blog I figured it would be fun to share some stuff. :)
Most of these were assignments for a drawing class that I took at my local community college (HCC) last semester.   I'm actually still in highschool, but I homeschool which is why I can take day classes.  Not that that's relevant or anything, harhar.  Here are some pictures.


This one actually wasn't from fall, but from last spring when I took a 2-D design class.  The assignment was to draw a picture of your eye (no DUH, Captain Obvious.)



Still life from fall semester.  We were studying cylinders and cubes. 

First homework assignment for my fall drawing class.  We were supposed to pick five "interesting" objects and draw them the best that we could.  I'm happy with this one.
Close-up of the marble, the shadow was quite fun.

Stick.

This is the better of the two self-portraits that I drew for class.
*barf*
Kidding.  It's alright I guess.  I wasn't going to post this one, but my dad likes it and said I should.
I think it's a little creepy how robot-ish and unemotional I look.  I guess I was trying to be perfectly and brutally honest about the engrossed expression on my face, but it didn't work.  This caption is getting too long. 

This is my all-time favorite drawing ever.  It was SO much fun to draw, and I'm really happy with how it came out.  My professor had me put this in the Fall Student Exhibition, which was a lot of fun.  

So those are all my favorite drawings.  This semester I'm taking oil painting, which I'm really excited about, hopefully I'll have some post-worthy things by the end of the semester.
It's lunch time (late), so I must adjourn!
So long, so long, so long and thanks for all the fish! (High-fives for anyone who got that reference)



2 comments:

  1. I used to like Douglas Adams, but I guess it got boring when people when using it as some sort of "geekness badge" and expecting you to identify as a geek if you said you liked Douglas Adams. Sort of ruined the thing.
    I really like the last drawing, and your... well, I like all your drawings. I'm myself learning to draw and hope I'll be as good as you one day :o
    Though, I mainly draw clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Oddly, it took me forever to realize how you got from this post to Douglas Adams...I AM smart, I swear. That's actually the only book of his that I've ever read, but it as funny.
    Anyways, thank you! I'm sure that with plenty of practice you could be much, much better than me! I like your blog (found it yesterday), do you ever post any of your drawings? I'd love to see them! :D

    ReplyDelete